The UF/IFAS Panhandle Agriculture Team is pleased to offer a Beekeeping Short-Course in February and March, 2014. The classes will be offered via interactive video conference at Extension Offices across the Panhandle. There will be four 2-hour classes held at your local Extension Office from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Central Time, and one local field trip on a Saturday morning.
Classes will be taught by Dr. Jamie Ellis and other state and nationally recognized experts from the University of Florida Honey Bee Research and Extension Lab and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Bureau of Plant and Apiary Inspection.
Class dates are:
- February 24: Honey Bee Biology and Anatomy
- March 3: Varroa Mite Biology and Control
- March 10: Honey Bees of the World and Beekeeping History
- March 15: Bee Yard Field Day – A Hands on Learning Opportunity
- March 18: Yearly Management of the Honey Bee
For more information and to register for the Calhoun County Extension Short Course call 850-674-8323. The cost of the course (all five classes) is $25 per person or $40 per family. This fee covers all course materials and refreshments.